Menu Ideas for Food Professionals
This recipe collection truly includes something for everyone.
- Add chopped walnuts to pancake or waffle mix.
- Mix together walnuts, raisins, rolled oats and bran for easy granola.
- Serve spiced walnuts as bar snacks.
- Purée walnuts with garbanzo beans for a healthy hummus dip.
- Add toasted walnuts to stirfry or sautéed vegetables for added crunch, flavor and nutrients.
- Mix ground walnuts and bread
crumbs to encrust salmon fillets,
chicken breasts or pork chops.
- Add finely chopped walnuts to sauces for texture and taste.
- Prepare whole wheat pizza crust with ground walnuts.
- Use walnuts, apple pieces and brie cheese to top pizza.
- Mix chopped walnuts with crab and mango for sushi roll filling.
- Add chopped walnuts to your favorite dumpling filling.
- Add chopped walnuts to your house salad for a signature taste that adds a healthy crunch.
- Candied walnut “croutons” can be used in virtually any salad.
- Add chopped walnuts into sandwich or wrap fillings.
- Include walnuts in heart healthy trail mixes.
- Use toasted walnut halves as a garnish on desserts.
- Ground walnuts can be added to pie or cheesecake crumbcrusts.
- Add walnuts to cheese platters. They are the perfect complement to both mild andaged cheeses.