California Walnuts for your Needs
Packaging & Storage
Walnut kernels are available in 11,34 kg boxes (25 pounds) in poly-lined bags, vacuum-sealed or without vacuum. Vacuum-sealed bags are also offered in aluminum. In-shell walnuts are available in 25 kg polyester-woven bags. For small dealers, suppliers also offer 10 kg bags (22 pounds), 9,07 kg bags (20 pounds) or 5 kg bags (11 pounds). All bags are non-transparent to easily detect damages.
Follow these tips to maintain the high quality, freshness, flavor and nutritional value of California walnuts:
- Store in air-tight packaging
- Store away from foods with strong odors, like cabbage and onions.
- Rotate inventory. Practice FIFO – First In, First Out.
- For storage up to six months: refrigerate at 0 °C to 5 °C at 65 % relative humidity.
- For storage longer than six months: freeze at -18 °C.